Monday, January 26, 2009

EXAMINE

SCRIPTURE
Jeremiah 17:9-10 [Message] “The heart is hopelessly dark and deceitful, a puzzle that no one can figure out. 10 But I, God, search the heart and examine the mind. I get to the heart of the human. I get to the root of things. I treat them as they really are, not as they pretend to be.”
Jeremiah 17:9-10 [NLT] "The human heart is the most deceitful of all things, and desperately wicked. Who really knows how bad it is? 10 But I, the Lord , search all hearts and examine secret motives. I give all people their due rewards according to what their actions deserve."

OBSERVATION
This is one of those is the glass half full or half empty Bible verses. I could meditate on the verse and become sad, or meditate and feel good.
I choose to feel good.
I choose to be honest with God, - "You, know my heart - better than I do. You, know my motives better than me."
I choose to be excited that you get to the root of things.

APPLICATION
Show me what you discover!
Psalm 139:23 Search me, O God, and know my heart! Try me and know my thoughts

PRAYER
Father,
In the name of Jesus, thank you!
When I cannot trust myself, I can always trust in you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jeremiah 17:9-10, A Heart of stone engraved with doubleness; misguided worship (v.1), add deceit and sickness – I am so thankful that God can understand me. Sadly, I deserve what I worship. Truly, I am what I worship. If I worship worthless idols, I become worthless! Thank you God for understanding my bentness! No wonder, I need a Savior!