Sunday, January 11, 2009

WHO'S PREACHING?


SCRIPTURE
ROMANS 10:17 [MESSAGE]
17 The point is, Before you trust, you have to listen. But unless Christ’s Word is preached, there’s nothing to listen to.

OBSERVATION
It's Sunday, who's preaching? If the only preaching people hear today is from the pulpits through out the land; the impact will be minimal. Christ's Word needs to be preached before the service with greetings, during the service with songs, prayers, special music, and the offering. Christ's Word needs to be preached in the hallways, and the social halls, and the Sunday School classes, and in the invitation to lunch.

APPLICATION
The church - God's people, need to preach Christ's Word.
Who knows who is listening?
Who knows who will trust?

PRAYER
Father,
Don't let me go to church today expecting to be preached too -
Let me preach
Let me share Christ's Word
Let me help others listen
Let me help others trust.

No comments: