Saturday, February 28, 2009

FAITHFULNESS

REFERENCE
Psalm 13
1 How long, O Lord? Will you forget me forever? How long will you hide your face from me? 2 How long must I take counsel in my soul and have sorrow in my heart all the day? How long shall my enemy be exalted over me?
3 Consider and answer me, O Lord my God; light up my eyes, lest I sleep the sleep of death, 4 lest my enemy say, I have prevailed over him, lest my foes rejoice because I am shaken.
5 But I have trusted in your steadfast love; my heart shall rejoice in your salvation. 6 I will sing to the Lord, because he has dealt bountifully with me.

EXPLORATION
I noticed an interesting progression. From "O Lord" to "O Lord my God" to "the Lord"
How often do I start by questioning Him?
How often do I end up satisfied in Him?

APPLICATION
Trust in His steadfast love
Rejoice in my salvation

PRAYER
Father,
Oh how often I wonder if you hear my prayers
Oh how often I am reminded that you do
"the Lord" reigns. Great is thy faithfulness

No comments: