Thursday, March 19, 2009

CALLING


REFERENCE
1 Corinthians 3:9-14 [MESSAGE] What makes them worth doing is the God we are serving. You happen to be God’s field in which we are working. Or, to put it another way, you are God’s house. 10 Using the gift God gave me as a good architect, I designed blueprints; Apollos is putting up the walls. Let each carpenter who comes on the job take care to build on the foundation! 11 Remember, there is only one foundation, the one already laid: Jesus Christ. 12 Take particular care in picking out your building materials. 13 Eventually there is going to be an inspection. If you use cheap or inferior materials, you’ll be found out. The inspection will be thorough and rigorous. You won’t get by with a thing. 14 If your work passes inspection, fine;

1 Corinthians 3:9-14[ESV] For we are God's fellow workers. You are God's field, God's building. 10 According to the grace of God given to me, like a skilled master builder I laid a foundation, and someone else is building upon it. Let each one take care how he builds upon it. 11 For no one can lay a foundation other than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ. 12 Now if anyone builds on the foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw-- 13 each one's work will become manifest, for the Day will disclose it, because it will be revealed by fire, and the fire will test what sort of work each one has done. 14 If the work that anyone has built on the foundation survives, he will receive a reward.

EXPLORATION
v. 11 Remember, there is only one foundation, the one already laid: Jesus Christ.
Who's life am I working in?
Who's working in my life?
What am I investing in others?
What are others investing in me?
Jesus, am I sharing him with others?
Am I allowing others to share Jesus with me?

APPLICATION

Share what I have of Jesus with others.
Receive what others are willing to share with me.

PRAYER

Father,
According to the grace of God given to me, allow me to share Jesus with the people you place in my path.
According to the grace of God given to me, allow me to receive Jesus from the people you place in my path.
Allow me to grow in community with others.
Allow me to grow in community with you.

No comments: