Monday, March 23, 2009

"Coming together is a beginning, keeping together is progress, working together is success". -Henry Ford



REFERENCE
Proverbs 16:9 [ESV] The heart of man plans his way, but the Lord establishes his steps
Proverbs 16:9 [NLT] We can make our plans, but the Lord determines our steps.
Proverbs 16:9 [Message] We plan the way we want to live, but only God makes us able to live it.

EXPLORATION
The rabbis did not see this as a declaration of sovereignty, but a call to purification. If you choose to live God’s way, God will direct your steps to your desired godliness. - The Bible Reader's Companion
ESV gets this verse really right, it's "plans" it is a verb, not a noun. With some thought and care I plan what I'm going to do today, but ultimately it rests on God whether my day goes that way or not.

APPLICATION
Know where I'm headed
Be encouraged by the audibles.
That's teamwork
That's a game worth playing.

PRAYER
Father,
I've got a good sense of what today will bring.
But I'm never surprised when you call an audible and I switch directions.
I look with great anticipation to your Holy interruptions.
Thy will be done, in my life and the lives of those you place in my path.

No comments: