Wednesday, March 4, 2009

SOMETIMES WE GET IT BACKWARDS

REFERENCE
Isaiah 40:31 [Message] But those who wait upon God get fresh strength. They spread their wings and soar like eagles, They run and don’t get tired, they walk and don’t lag behind.
Isaiah 40:31[ESV] but they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.

EXPLORATION
So what is: "wait upon God" - is it waiting on God to show up or is it showing up and waiting on God?
Is it waiting for God to do something or is it doing something for God?
I think we get it backwards. We think God is going to show up and give us superpowers.
The truth is He is waiting for us to show up to wait on Him. Serve Him.
When that happens, if that happens - He'll give us the strength to do it well.

APPLICATION
I'm not waiting for God, I'm going to wait on God.
This day may I bring Him glory and honor
I want to make today about what I can do for Him, not what He can do for me.

PRAYER
God,
BE GLORIFIED

No comments: