Friday, May 8, 2009

BUT LOOK!


REFERENCE
Daniel 3:25 [ESV] He answered and said, But I see four men unbound, walking in the midst of the fire, and they are not hurt; and the appearance of the fourth is like a son of the gods.
Daniel 3:25 [Message] “But look!” he said. “I see four men, walking around freely in the fire, completely unharmed! And the fourth man looks like a son of the gods!”

EXPLORATION
In the book of James we read; “Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds,”
In the book of Daniel we are reminded that Jesus shows up.
James doesn’t say; “IF you meet trials” it says “WHEN”
So, here the question, “WHEN” trials come my way, am I going to stare at the problem or look around for a person.
JESUS shows up sometimes in a parent, some times in a partner, sometimes in a friend, sometimes in a favorite song, sometimes in a thought, sometimes in a task.

APPLICATION
Trials Happen!
Sometimes it is an opportunity to give of myself to help someone else.
Sometimes it is an opportunity to take from someone else and get help.
Trials - they are give and take

PRAYER
Father,
I don’t know what today is going to bring; but you do.
I do know that people will experience trials today and I may be one of them.
If I am I trust Jesus to show up
If I’m not, use me to be Jesus for someone in need.
Give me your eyes, your heart, your love - for your glory.

No comments: