Sunday, January 18, 2009

COMMUNITY

SCRIPTURE
Ephesians 2:8-10 [Message]
8 Saving is all his idea, and all his work. All we do is trust him enough to let him do it. It’s God’s gift from start to finish! 9 We don’t play the major role. If we did, we’d probably go around bragging that we’d done the whole thing! 10 No, we neither make nor save ourselves. God does both the making and saving. He creates each of us by Christ Jesus to join him in the work he does, the good work he has gotten ready for us to do, work we had better be doing.

OBSERVATION
I'm struck by the sense or feeling of community in these verses. All the "we" and "us" statements.
- All "we" do is trust in him...
- He creates each of "us" ...
- join him in the work ... he has gotten ready for "us" to do.
It's so easy for us to make our faith journey about "me" - it's enhanced, it's all it's suppose to be - when it's about "US"

APPLICATION
LOOK FOR OPPORTUNITIES TO DO LIFE WITH OTHERS.
Isn't that what: My Space, Facebook, Twitter, Blogs, texting, cell phones, Small Groups, CHURCH - is all about!
SOCIAL NETWORKING - SHARING LIFE - SHARING JESUS.

PRAYER
Father,
I'm at my best when life is about You and the people you place in my life!
You're at your best as You widen the circle of influence and bring glory to yourself.
As you allow others to touch my life by what you are doing in their lives.
Allow me to touch lives in community -
May my life be about "us" and "we" and together sharing "YOU"

No comments: