Monday, January 19, 2009

MY GOD!


SCRIPTURE
Zep. 3:17 [Message] Your God is present among you, a strong Warrior there to save you. Happy to have you back, he’ll calm you with his love and delight you with his songs.
Zep. 3:17 [NLT] For the Lord your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs."

OBSERVATION
Strong warrior, mighty savior... happy to have my back, calming... and uplifting.

APPLICATION
If there was ever a "name it and claim it" verse - this it is.
- Let's do life, today - Romans 8:31 What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?

PRAYER
In the name of Jesus,
Be glorified in my life today, I give to you the fights to fight, I give to you the joys to rejoice in.
Thank you, for being mighty, and for be merciful.
Make me mindful today of your presence.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Scott carried this verse in his wallet with a picture of Jesus laughing and smiling. I remember Scott coming home from IHS and being excited about see a film about the life of Jesus. He told me, “It was great, Dad, the film showed Jesus laughing!” Jesus was present to Scott as one who laughs and rejoices over his children – and Scott sensed this.

“Dear God, thank you for being in the midst of my son’s life being the one who saved him through eternity. I am sure you and Scott are having some great laughs!”