Saturday, January 24, 2009

YOUR WAY


SCRIPTURE
Isaiah 55:8-9 [Message]
8 “I don’t think the way you think. The way you work isn’t the way I work.” God’s Decree.
9 “For as the sky soars high above earth, so the way I work surpasses the way you work, and the way I think is beyond the way you think.
Isaiah 55:8-9 [ESV] 8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord. 9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.

OBSERVATION
In my head I get it- you don't think like me and the way you do things aren't always the same way I'd probably choose.
In my head I want a God that's bigger, and smarter and way beyond my understanding.
But in my heart there is this dilemma -
If our hearts are too be broken for the things that break your heart -
Shouldn't your heart be broken for the things that break our heart -
Sometimes I just don't know how to pray.
In my head, I want whatever you want - for you've taught us that you are trustworthy
In my heart, sometimes I'm scared that what I want - you might not!

APPLICATION
Teach me to trust you more,
May these words from a popular song be enough today, tomorrow and the next day
You alone are Father
And You alone are good
You are alone are Savior
And You alone are God

PRAYER
Father,
In Isaiah your word tells us that sometimes we just don't get it.
When that's going on in my heart, or in my head I'm going to claim these two verses:
Romans 8:26 Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words.
Romans 15:13 May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope.
You go ahead and do things Your way, and I'm going to go ahead and trust You, even if I don't understand sometimes.

No comments: