Friday, January 23, 2009

SUGAR ON TOP!

SCRIPTURE
Titus 3:5-7 [ESV] he saved us, not because of works done by us in righteousness, but according to his own mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewal of the Holy Spirit, 6 whom he poured out on us richly through Jesus Christ our Savior, 7 so that being justified by his grace we might become heirs according to the hope of eternal life.
Titus 3:5-7 [Message] 5 he saved us from all that. It was all his doing; we had nothing to do with it. He gave us a good bath, and we came out of it new people, washed inside and out by the Holy Spirit. 6 Our Savior Jesus poured out new life so generously. 7 God’s gift has restored our relationship with him and given us back our lives. And there’s more life to come—an eternity of life!

OBSERVATION
Saved by His mercy
Cleansed by His Spirit
New life by His Son
Restored relationship His gift
and like "sugar on top" = eternal life

APPLICATION
Be mindful - Life is about what God did, what God is doing, and what God is going to do!
Praise Him - for saving me, cleaning up my messes, giving me new life, eternal life and restoring me to right relationship with Him.
Proclaim Him - when it's this good - share it!

PRAYER
Father,
It's Friday, and to be honest - there is part of me that just wants to curl up in a chair and disappear into a book.
It's Friday, I have a dentist appointment and I've a funeral to do for some friends.
But like Tony Campolo says: "It's Friday, but Sunday's Coming"
For me, Sunday just came in the reassurance of these words from the book of Titus
Thank you for saving me, continually forgiving me, for new life, eternal life and most of all - thank you for the sense of your presence - may others experience your mercies this day.

No comments: