Thursday, January 22, 2009

PEP TALK!

SCRIPTURE
Philippians 1:6 [NLT]
And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns.
Philippians 1:6 [Message] There has never been the slightest doubt in my mind that the God who started this great work in you would keep at it and bring it to a flourishing finish on the very day Christ Jesus appears.
Philippians 1:6 [ESV] And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.

OBSERVATION
3 Cheers
1] Paul's certainty echoes a holy cheer! "I am certain", "never been the slightest doubt in my mind", "I am sure of this"
2] Mantra: God working in me - Life is about God - God's doing a great work
3] it ain't finished, He ain't done - Christ will come again

APPLICATION
Praise Him! Thank Him! Get out of His way!

PRAYER
Father God,
You know I need this verse yesterday - thanks for giving it to me today!
How wonderful the reminder that my life is about what You are working out in me, through me, and for Your glory.
How thankful I am to me reminded that the work isn't finished.
How appropriate to be reminded with some subtle to let You be God.
I trust in You and the work, the "great work" You are completing in me, once Jesus returns.
Thanks for the cheers, the encouragement, the motivation, the mystery - that is You.

No comments: