Saturday, February 7, 2009

GETTING THERE!

SCRIPTURE
Titus 2:11-14 [Message] God’s readiness to give and forgive is now public. Salvation’s available for everyone! 12 We’re being shown how to turn our backs on a godless, indulgent life, and how to take on a God-filled, God-honoring life. This new life is starting right now, 13 and is whetting our appetites for the glorious day when our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, appears. 14 He offered himself as a sacrifice to free us from a dark, rebellious life into this good, pure life, making us a people he can be proud of, energetic in goodness.
Titus 2:11-14[ESV] 11 For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation for all people, 12 training us to renounce ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright, and godly lives in the present age, 13 waiting for our blessed hope, the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, 14 who gave himself for us to redeem us from all lawlessness and to purify for himself a people for his own possession who are zealous for good works.

OBSERVATION
the grace of God ... training me to renounce ungodliness [sin] and worldly passions [lusts] and to live self-controlled [get my stuff together] life - "whew..."
I've spent the better part of two weeks now working through what it means to "be surrendered" - "all in" for Jesus.
And this verse helps reaffirm what I've come to believe. That surrender is not a point in time, draw a line in the sand event. Surrender is a process, and the grace of God... is getting me there and it begins with just saying "NO" to somethings that I am doing and saying "YES" to somethings that I am not doing.

APPLICATION
Although surrender is a process, - a lifetime process, I do believe that there is that moment when you say, "I WANT to be all-in" - I WANT to be different than I am, I WANT to be like Jesus. I think that point is when you name Him Savior and accept Him to become Lord.
Today, because I'm in love with my Savior, I want to be drawn nearer to my LORD. Today I want to move toward a pure life, making me a person, he can be proud of, energetic in goodness.

PRAYER
Lord Jesus,
If today ends up being more about you, than it is about me, -- be glorified!

No comments: