Sunday, February 8, 2009

MY GOD!

SCRIPTURE
Hosea 2:23 [NLT] I will show love to those I called `Not loved.'* And to those I called `Not my people,' I will say, `Now you are my people.' And they will reply, `You are our God!'"
Hosea 2:23 [Message] I’ll plant her in the good earth. I’ll have mercy on No-Mercy. I’ll say to Nobody, ‘You’re my dear Somebody,’ and he’ll say ‘You’re my God!’” In Time They’ll Come Back
Hosea 2:23 [ESV] and I will sow her for myself in the land. And I will have mercy on No Mercy, and I will say to Not My People, ‘You are my people’;
and he shall say, ‘You are my God.

OBSERVATION
God is reminding us that when we disgust Him, He still loves us.
When I do something so selfish that He'd like to deny knowing me, He claims me.
He loves me, because when I'm weak, when I'm self-centered, when I'm self consumed, when I'm not a lovely person, HE LOVES ME,
and He is waiting and trusting that I'll change from my selfishness and say, "You are my God." That's "I love you too"

APPLICATION
YOU ARE MY GOD

PRAYER
Father,
I don't fall often, but I fall.
I don't completely forget about you, but I do tend to think more about myself.
Life is best when you are God, but just like little girls enjoy playing house. I enjoy playing "Heaven" and when I play I'm in charge.
So here's the $100 question; "How's that working for me?"
Life is best when you are God.
Be God in my life today.

No comments: