Sunday, February 15, 2009

GREAT WORDS!

SCRIPTURE
Galatians 1:3-5 [Message] So I greet you with the great words, grace and peace! 4 We know the meaning of those words because Jesus Christ rescued us from this evil world we’re in by offering himself as a sacrifice for our sins. God’s plan is that we all experience that rescue. 5 Glory to God forever! Oh, yes! The Message
Galatians 1:3-5 [ESV] 3 Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ, 4 who gave himself for our sins to deliver us from the present evil age, according to the will of our God and Father, 5 to whom be the glory forever and ever. Amen.

OBSERVATION
I cannot think of a better greeting as I awake on a Sunday Morning. "Grace and Peace"
It's enough too make me want to head into town and worship Him with others.
"Glory to God forever!"

APPLICATION
v. 4 "God’s plan is that we all experience that rescue."
Jesus, rescue me again today, from this evil age.

PRAYER
Father,
I'm not sure that I comprehend just how much you love me.
But this day, let me, bear my soul and praise My God, who loved me first, loves me now, will love me forever.
Grace - getting what I don't deserve - Jesus
Mercy - not getting what I do deserve - death and Hell
Peace - experiencing Grace and Mercy

No comments: