Thursday, February 26, 2009

OPPORTUNITIES FOR GRACE


REFERENCE
Isaiah 2:22 [TNIV] Stop trusting in human beings, who have but a breath in their nostrils. Why hold them in esteem?
Isaiah 2:22 [Message] Quit scraping and fawning over mere humans, so full of themselves, so full of hot air! Can’t you see there’s nothing to them?
Isaiah 2:22 [NLT] Don't put your trust in mere humans. They are as frail as breath. What good are they?

EXPLORATION
Don't put someone on pedestal that I can't keep them on! God knows they would not be able to keep themselves up there.

APPLICATION
It's not about not trusting people, it's about not setting people up for failure.
It's about lowering expectations
It's about grace.
God doesn't trust me, but He loves me, I need to be more like Him.

PRAYER
Father,
In Jesus' name and by the power of the Holy Spirit, teach me to give people a break.
They are just people, they aren't you, Lord.
We all fail, teach me to give the grace that I would want others to give to me.
When others fail me, let me see the opportunity for grace!

No comments: