Wednesday, February 25, 2009

WHO KILLED HIM? WHO IS KILLING HIM?


REFERENCE
Mark 15:16-20 [ESV] And the soldiers led him away inside the palace (that is, the governor's headquarters), and they called together the whole battalion. 17 And they clothed him in a purple cloak, and twisting together a crown of thorns, they put it on him. 18 And they began to salute him, Hail, King of the Jews! 19 And they were striking his head with a reed and spitting on him and kneeling down in homage to him. 20 And when they had mocked him, they stripped him of the purple cloak and put his own clothes on him. And they led him out to crucify him.

EXPLORATION
Today is Ash Wednesday, it's 40 days from now to Palm Sunday.
How Jesus was treated in this account is very sad.
How I treat Jesus sometimes is very bad.
On any given day, do I hail Him as King, or do my actions shout, Crucify Him, Crucify Him?
Is it the things I do that mock him or it is the things I fail to do?

APPLICATION
Don't just be disgusted with what others did to Jesus, be appalled at what I do to Him?
My selfishness makes me King and mocks my Lord.


PRAYER
Change my heart oh God, make it ever new.
Change my heart oh God, make me more like you.

No comments: