Friday, February 20, 2009

steadfastly “determined”


SCRIPTURE
Ruth 1:16-18 [Message] But Ruth said, “Don’t force me to leave you; don’t make me go home. Where you go, I go; and where you live, I’ll live. Your people are my people, your God is my god; 17 where you die, I’ll die, and that’s where I’ll be buried, so help me God—not even death itself is going to come between us!” 18 When Naomi saw that Ruth had her heart set on going with her, she gave in.
Ruth 1:16-18 [ESV] But Ruth said, Do not urge me to leave you or to return from following you. For where you go I will go, and where you lodge I will lodge. Your people shall be my people, and your God my God. 17 Where you die I will die, and there will I be buried. May the Lord do so to me and more also if anything but death parts me from you. 18 And when Naomi saw that she was determined to go with her, she said no more.

OBSERVATION
What do I have my heart set on doing?
Where do I have my heart set on going?
When?
How?
Why?

APPLICATION
I have my heart set on growing to be more like Jesus.
I have my heart set on being at His feet.
I will go there often.
I will go there through prayer, reading of His Word, and reflecting on Him and all that He has made.
I will go to HIm, because I'm left empty, unfulfilled and lonely without Him.
I go to Him, because it gives Him pleasure and it brings me, peace.

PRAYER
Father,
May the love Ruth expressed for Naomi pale in comparison to my desire to be with you.
This day let me experience, your grace, your mercy, and your love.
This day use me to allow others to experience you too.
Psalm 63:3,4 [ESV] Because your steadfast love is better than life, my lips will praise you. 4 So I will bless you as long as I live; in your name I will a lift up my hands.

No comments: