Saturday, February 21, 2009

LISTENING


SCRIPTURE
Esther 4:12-16 [Message] When Hathach told Mordecai what Esther had said, 13 Mordecai sent her this message: “Don’t think that just because you live in the king’s house you’re the one Jew who will get out of this alive. 14 If you persist in staying silent at a time like this, help and deliverance will arrive for the Jews from someplace else; but you and your family will be wiped out. Who knows? Maybe you were made queen for just such a time as this.” 15 Esther sent back her answer to Mordecai: 16 “Go and get all the Jews living in Susa together. Fast for me. Don’t eat or drink for three days, either day or night. I and my maids will fast with you. If you will do this, I’ll go to the king, even though it’s forbidden. If I die, I die.”

OBSERVATION
If I die, I die; it not what you want to wakeup to on a Saturday morning - any morning.
There is nothing in me that believes God's going to ask me too. Not a physical death anyway.
But what if other parts of this particular Scripture where to ring true in my life.
What if God created me for "just such a time as this"?
Would I be willing to give up my wants and desires, to do is will?
Would I be willing to die to self and live to bring Him glory and honor?

APPLICATION
God probably isn't going to call on me today to save a nation.
But I can bet that there will be a time today when He'll give me a notion.
The notion to lift someone up in prayer.
The notion to lend a hand to someone else.
The notion to just "be there" for someone.
The notion to do something I might not normally do.
The notion to bring Him glory and honor.

PRAYER
Father,
This day allow me to hear Your voice, Your will, Your direction.
Notion me to be other minded
Notion me to You.

No comments: