Monday, February 23, 2009

WAITING


REFERENCE
2 Peter 3:8-9 [Mesage] Don’t overlook the obvious here, friends. With God, one day is as good as a thousand years, a thousand years as a day. 9 God isn’t late with his promise as some measure lateness. He is restraining himself on account of you, holding back the End because he doesn’t want anyone lost. He’s giving everyone space and time to change.

EXPLORE
It's not often that I open the Bible and begin my day with a laugh, but when Peter started talking about lateness, I started laughing. I've got friends that don't even understand what "late" means. It's so good that they aren't God or JC would never return! OK! I'm done with the laugh - I think - I am smirking though.
Catch this! "He is restraining himself on account of you" ... "He’s giving everyone space and time to change."
That's love, that's grace, that is mercy!

APPLICATION
What does He want to change in me?


PRAYER
Father,
Hear my prayer, in the name of Jesus, and your will be done in my future according to your good purpose.
I don't want too be to quick to answer the question.
I want to dwell on it.
I want to hear what you want to change about me, not what I think you'd change.
I want to wait on you for the answer to the question.
I'm trusting you wouldn't take a thousand years to tell me.
I'm trusting you won't make me wait very long at all.

No comments: