Saturday, March 28, 2009

NO FEAR

God’s way of putting people right shows up in the acts of faith, confirming what Scripture has said all along: “The person in right standing before God by trusting him really lives.”

REFERENCE
2 Timothy 1:6,7[ESV] For this reason I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you through the laying on of my hands, 7 for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
2 Timothy 1:6,7 [MESSAGE] And the special gift of ministry you received when I laid hands on you and prayed—keep that ablaze! 7 God doesn’t want us to be shy with his gifts, but bold and loving and sensible.
2 Timothy 1:6,7 [NLT] his is why I remind you to fan into flames the spiritual gift God gave you when I laid my hands on you. 7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.

EXPLORATION
The power of the Holy Spirit, the love of God Almighty = self-discipline.

APPLICATION
Grab the power, grab the love, through a life of self-discipline, be a giving person.
BE BOLD
BE LOVING
BE SENSIBLE

PRAYER
Father,
You have so richly blessed me, allow me to be a blessing to others.

No comments: