Friday, March 27, 2009

STORMS

REFERENCE

Isaiah 30:19-22 [ESV]

19For a people shall dwell in Zion, in Jerusalem; you shall weep no more. He will surely be gracious to you at the sound of your cry. As soon as he hears it, he answers you. 20And though the Lord give you the bread of adversity and the water of affliction, yet your Teacher will not hide himself anymore, but your eyes shall see your Teacher. 21 And your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying, "This is the way, walk in it," when you turn to the right or when you turn to the left. 22Then you will defile your carved idols overlaid with silver and your gold-plated metal images. You will scatter them as unclean things. You will say to them, "Be gone!"

Isaiah 30:19-22 [Message]

Oh yes, people of Zion, citizens of Jerusalem, your time of tears is over. Cry for help and you'll find it's grace and more grace. The moment he hears, he'll answer. Just as the Master kept you alive during the hard times, he'll keep your teacher alive and present among you. Your teacher will be right there, local and on the job, urging you on whenever you wander left or right: "This is the right road. Walk down this road." You'll scrap your expensive and fashionable god-images. You'll throw them in the trash as so much garbage, saying, "Good riddance!"

EXPLORATION

When I read “people of Zion, citizens of Jerusalem” I think of it as a euphuism for children of God, the called, the saved.

As a child of God, I can trust that God hears my cries and that he answers them.

As a child of God, I know bad times will come my way that is life, I also know that the Holy Spirit [teacher] will teach me and direct me, and that in the end my greatest desire will be God, and God alone.

APPLICATION

To see conflict and adversity as opportunity.

To remember that not only am I heard by God, but that I need to listen to God.

To trust in myself less, and to trust in God more.

PRAYER

Father,

When I read these verses, I am mindful of your great love for me.

I am also mindful that I strive to do a lot of “life” w/o you.

Use whatever you may to draw me closer to you.

Teach me, Mold me, Make me; in the image of Christ Jesus.




No comments: