Friday, March 13, 2009

PRAY PURPOSEFULLY

REFERENCE
Philippians 4:1 [Message] My dear, dear friends! I love you so much. I do want the very best for you. You make me feel such joy, fill me with such pride. Don’t waver. Stay on track, steady in God. Pray About Everything
Philippians 4:1 [ESV] Therefore, my brothers, whom I love and long for, my joy and crown, stand firm thus in the Lord, my beloved.

EXPLORATION
Paul in writing to the church at Philippi, claims them as dear friends, friends he loves, friends that he wishes the best for, friends that he wants to encourage; stand firm, pray about everything!
I find the verse not only encouraging, I find it convicting. In reflecting on my own church family and other Christians in my life: Who do I get excited about? Who do I look around for? Who to I wish the best for? Who do I encourage? Who do I pray for?

APPLICATION
Make a mental list. Continually add to the list. Make it a point to make my prayers more about other people than about myself.
Develop a short list, seven fellow Christians that I'd intentionally pray for - one of them each day of the week.
Develop a perpetual list, adding to it daily. Every time I pray, pray for someone else that God as placed in my path.
Make prayer about God, God's children and Godly intentions

PRAYER
Father,
Thank you for the people you've placed in my life.
In the name of Jesus and by the power of the Holy Spirit, when I'm reminded to pray; let my prayers be to you and for others.
Help me to develop the lists with purpose and may You work powerfully through me and those I pray for.
Be praised!

No comments: