Saturday, April 18, 2009

GREAT GOD!


REFERENCE
Psalm 147:4-6 [ESV] He determines the number of the stars; he gives to all of them their names. 5 Great is our Lord, and abundant in power; his understanding is beyond measure. 6 The Lord lifts up the humble; he casts the wicked to the ground.
Psalm 147:4-6 [Message] He counts the stars and assigns each a name. 5 Our Lord is great, with limitless strength; we’ll never comprehend what he knows and does 6 God puts the fallen on their feet again and pushes the wicked into the ditch.

EXPLORATION
Great, powerful, beyond measure
Could I have picked any better words to describe God?
Do I believe them?

APPLICATION
Wait on God!

PRAYER
Father,
In the name of Jesus Christ your son, my Savior
OPEN MY EYES TO SEE
OPEN MY HEART TO FEEL
OPEN MY MIND TO KNOW
OPEN MY SOUL TO BELIEVE
Then use me to share, a great God who is powerful, and full of understanding.

P.S. I really like that last part of the verse that says: he casts the wicked to the ground.
You probably don't need me to name, names - but I'm willing.

No comments: