Friday, April 17, 2009

PRAYER


REFERENCE
Luke 5:16 [ESV] But he would withdraw to desolate places and pray.
Luke 5:16 [Message] As often as possible Jesus withdrew to out-of-the-way places for prayer.
Luke 5:16 [NLT] But Jesus often withdrew to the wilderness for prayer.

EXPLORATION
It's not where he did it that matters, it's the fact that he did it - he prayed - alone.
It's not when he did it that matters, it's why he did it - to be with the Father.
It's not what he prayed that mattered, it's that he did it consistently - often.

APPLICATION
Do I pray to be with God or to get something from God
Do I pray desiring to be in His presence, or looking for presents.
Do I pray to connect or to collect?

PRAYER
Father,
I'm not going to get better at this until you get bigger.
Amaze me! Often!!!
You're not going to get bigger until I get smaller.
Humble me! More often.

No comments: