Sunday, May 10, 2009

BE STRONG!


REFERENCE
Ps. 27:13-14 [ESV] I believe that I shall look upon the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living! 14 Wait for the Lord; be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the Lord!
Ps. 27:13-14 [Message] I’m sure now I’ll see God’s goodness in the exuberant earth. 14 Stay with God! Take heart. Don’t quit. I’ll say it again: Stay with God.

EXPLORATION
The psalmists isn’t speaking of a faith he once had, but of a faith he has now.
He is encouraging himself to cheerfully wait and hope.
The believing half of his soul addressing the despondent and weaker half; “I believe!”

APPLICATION
None of us know what “life” will throw at us on any given day.
All of us can know who to trust “life” to.
Be strong.
Take heart.
Stay with God!
Believe!

PRAYER
Father,
Thank you for being there for me.
In the name of Jesus and by the power of the Holy Spirit, encourage me.
In the name of Jesus and by the power of the Holy Spirit, allow me to encourage others.

No comments: