Thursday, May 7, 2009

COME TO THE FATHER



REFERENCE

Luke 18:1 [ESV] And he told them a parable to the effect that they ought always to pray and not lose heart.
Luke 18:1 [MESSAGE] Jesus told them a story showing that it was necessary for them to pray consistently and never quit.

EXPLORATION
Ever have a loved one ask you for something that you knew you were going to give them, but you just loved having them ask you for it over and over.
We’ve got this oversized chair in our living room that my son and his wife enjoy much more than I do, I’m ready for the leather recliner.
Just this week my son asked, hey you ready to get rid of the brown chair yet?
No, but it’s your ... someday!
We were tickled that he asked. We were tickled that he wants it.
Is God any different?
What does He have that we want?
I can’t imagine Him denying us.

APPLICATION
PRAY
ASK
OFTEN

PRAYER
Father,
I’m not asking for the leather recliner, I just want to sit in your lap.
I desire to experience your presence. 
I desire to share your peace.
I enjoy the prayer time.
Praise to your name.

No comments: