Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Obedience isn’t cleaning up your own mess. Obedience is when you quit making them!



REFERENCE

Psalm 25:14 [ESV] The friendship of the Lord is for those who fear him, and he makes known to them his covenant.
Psalm 25:14 [NLT] The Lord is a friend to those who fear him. He teaches them his covenant.
Psalm 25:14 [MESSAGE] God-friendship is for God-worshipers; They are the ones he confides in.



EXPLORATION

This verse teaches that a person who fears the Lord is instructed by the Lord’s Word. We can talk “fear the Lord” to death. Isn’t it this simple:
FEAR THE LORD = OBEDIENCE

APPLICATION
OBEY HIM and you get to know Him
Here’s the take away.
List three areas that you are less than fully obedient at.
1] treating my body as the temple of God
2] loving one another
3] putting family before myself

PRAYER

Father,
I wish it was only three areas that needed work, but these are the first three the Holy Spirit brought to my mind.
May you work a work in me and through me that I can not accomplish on my own; that I might fear you more, and know you better.

No comments: