Friday, May 22, 2009

LET GO and LET GOD!



REFERENCE 

Psalm 37:5 [ESV] Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him, and he will act.
Psalm 37:5 [Message] Open up before God, keep nothing back; he’ll do whatever needs to be done:
Psalm 37:5 [NLT] Commit everything you do to the Lord. Trust him, and he will help you.
Psalm 37:5 [NCV] Depend on the Lord; trust him, and he will take care of you.



EXPLORATION
If there is a phrase that sticks out to me in this passage it is; “Trust him”. I love the way the message translates it; “keep nothing back” - that’s trust.
When we trust him, what do we get in return?
Each translation spells it out a little different, the [ESV] says; he will act. The [Message] says; he’ll do whatever needs to be done.
That’s commitment: Our “trusting” His “acting”

APPLICATION
We all have something we “keep from God”
What is it that I need to let go off?
I eat to relief stress, that’s something I hold pretty tight to.
Can I really learn to trust Christ instead of Calories?

PRAYER
Father,
In the name of Jesus, your son, my Savior - search me!
Is there other things that I keep back from you?
What am I holding back?
Teach me to let go and let God!

No comments: