Tuesday, May 19, 2009

WORTHY OF PRAISE!



REFERENCE
Genesis 24:26 [ESV] The man bowed his head and worshiped the Lord

EXPLORATION
Abraham’s servant had prayed in v.12 "O Lord , God of my master, Abraham," he prayed. "Please give me success today, and show unfailing love to my master, Abraham.” Then when given success, in v.26 the servant bows his head and worshipped the Lord.
When was the last time you thought; “Unless Jesus shows up, this isn’t going to go well”
I work as a volunteer Police Chaplain and get called out on a lot of death notifications.
I always find myself asking Jesus to show up on my way to the incident. This story in Genesis is a good reminder to thank Him when he does.

APPLICATION
The best part of petitioning God is praising Him when He shows up.
Dare to do the unattainable, that the unexplainable might happen.

PRAYER
Father,
I thank you for those times in my life when I’ve need an extra measure of grace and you’ve showed up to deliver.
I thank you for those times in my life when you’ve worked through me, continue to use me.
Allow me your servant, to bring honor and glory to your name.

No comments: