Saturday, May 16, 2009

THE BATTLE BELONGS TO THE LORD!

REFERENCE
Daniel 10:12-13 [ESV] 12 Then he said to me, Fear not, Daniel, for from the first day that you set your heart to understand and humbled yourself before your God, your words have been heard, and I have come because of your words. 13 The prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me twenty-one days, but Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me, for I was left there with the kings of Persia.
Daniel 10:12-14a [Message]
12 “‘Relax, Daniel,’ he continued, ‘don’t be afraid. From the moment you decided to humble yourself to receive understanding, your prayer was heard, and I set out to come to you. 13 But I was waylaid by the angel-prince of the kingdom of Persia 14 and was delayed for a good three weeks. But then Michael, one of the chief angel-princes, intervened to help me. I left him there with the prince of the kingdom of Persia.

EXPLORATION
We are forget that there a battle going on that we aren’t involved in, yet are affected by. Daniel’s prayer was heard, but not answered right away.
We need to be like Daniel and set our hearts to understanding and humble ourselves before God.
We need to assume that God and his angels are doing what God and angels do.
Are we doing what we are to do?

APPLICATION
Set my heart
Humble myself

PRAYER
Father,
Make me like Daniel.
Obedient and trusting.
Calling on you.
Help me.

No comments: