Monday, March 16, 2009

CHEER OR CHALLENGE?


REFERENCE
Philippians 4:8,9 [Message] Summing it all up, friends, I’d say you’ll do best by filling your minds and meditating on things true, noble, reputable, authentic, compelling, gracious—the best, not the worst; the beautiful, not the ugly; things to praise, not things to curse. 9 Put into practice what you learned from me, what you heard and saw and realized. Do that, and God, who makes everything work together, will work you into his most excellent harmonies. Content Whatever the Circumstances
Philippians 4:8,9 [ESV] Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. 9 What you have learned and received and heard and seen in me--practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.

EXPLORATION
CHEER or CHALLENGE?
to fill your mind and meditate on things:
true
honorable / noble
just / reputable
pure / authentic
lovely / compelling
commendable / gracious
excellence - the best, not the worst
worthy of praise - the beautiful not the ugly

practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.

APPLICATION
I'm going to camp out here today. I've written the verses out on 3x5 cards and am going to meditate on:
what it means to be true, honorable, noble, just, reputable, pure, authentic, lovely, compelling, commendable, & gracious
what it means to strive for excellence - the best, not the worst
what it means to praise; dwelling on the the beautiful not the ugly
How will I practice these things, that I might attain the God of peace.

PRAYER
Father,
In the name of Jesus, and by the power of the Holy Spirit;
join me today -
show me, teach me, help me learn.
Give me your eyes, your heart, and your desires.

Challenge: Winner’s must have two things; definite goals and the burning desire to achieve them. [Poster]

No comments: