Monday, March 9, 2009

DON'T WORRY, BE HAPPY

REFERENCE
Ps. 46:10 [Message] “Step out of the traffic! Take a long, loving look at me, your High God,
above politics, above everything.”
Ps. 46:10 [ESV] Be still, and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!
Ps. 46:10 [NASB] “Cease striving and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.”

EXPLORATION
I like the NASB translation the best, "Cease striving and know that I am God"
The 46th chapter starts out: "God is our refuge and strength, A very present help in trouble."
Build on God's attributes, trust in His presence, and quit with the strive.

APPLICATION
Easier said than done!
What if I give it a try and meet God half way.

PRAYER
Father,
I claim this truth, a truth that doesn't say you will keep me out of trouble, a truth that says: your my refuge and strength during the trouble.
Enable me to quit worrying, and do the same for those near and dear to me that worry too.

No comments: