Sunday, March 8, 2009

TIME OF MY LIFE


REFERENCE
John 1:1-4 [Message] 1 The Word was first, the Word present to God, God present to the Word.
The Word was God, 2 in readiness for God from day one. 3 Everything was created through him; nothing—not one thing! - came into being without him. 4 What came into existence was Life, and the Life was Light to live by.
John 1:1-4 [ESV] 1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made. 4 In him was life, and the life was the light of men.

EXPLORATION
There is a progression through the verses that reach beyond the metaphors.
The verses first speak about "the Word" Then the verses speak of "him" and last of all they speak of "Life"
Jesus at one point was information "the Word" somewhere along the way Jesus became a person "him" and He desires to be "Life" - that which we'd can't do without!

APPLICATION
More often than I'd really like to admit it - Jesus, "the Word" is more like "US News and World Report" - "there, available, a resource, something you pick up now and then, information on right living.
Sometimes He becomes Him - Jesus - flesh and blood, real but somewhat distant.
Once in a while He is "Life" - consuming - the bright spot in any given day.

PRAYER
Father,
The gospel of John is an introduction to Jesus. An introduction to who He is and who He can be..
In my life, my the power of the Holy Spirit and in the name of Jesus; get me beyond the introductions.
My desire is for Jesus to be the time of my life and for me to be the time of His.
I want to dance with Jesus
I want to be enthralled with Him.
I want Life to be more about Him than it is about Me.
I want to let Jesus lead.

No comments: