Saturday, March 7, 2009

MARCH MADNESS

REFERENCE
Colossians 2:6-7 [Message] My counsel for you is simple and straightforward: Just go ahead with what you’ve been given. You received Christ Jesus, the Master; now live him. 7 You’re deeply rooted in him. You’re well constructed upon him. You know your way around the faith. Now do what you’ve been taught. School’s out; quit studying the subject and start living it! And let your living spill over into thanksgiving.
Colossians 2:6-7 [ESV] Therefore, as you received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in him, 7 rooted and built up in him and established in the faith, just as you were taught, abounding in thanksgiving.

EXPLORATION
Joe's shorthand: You know Jesus, - that has been established.
SO! From the Message - "go ahead" - "now live" - "now do" - "start living" - "spill over"

APPLICATION
QUIZ TIME
1] "go ahead" - Am I the same Christian I was yesterday, or the day before? If I'm not growing in Christ, am I in Christ?
2] "now live" - What rocks my world more [be honest] - Jesus or distractions?
3] "now do" - pick half a dozen of the 30+ "one anothers" in the New Testament - how am I doing with that?
4] "start living" - It's like Jesus trained us to play basketball and we go to the game and act like cheerleaders.
Is my best act of worship singing praise songs, or spending time with someone that needs someone?
5] "spill over" Ephesians 1:12 says; "so that we who were the first to hope in Christ might be to the praise of his glory." Is Jesus spilling over?

PRAYER
Father,
I am not what I can be!
I am more than I was.
Jesus,
It is not enough that you are my salvation.
I want you to be my life!
"Go ahead" make me more like you each day.
"Now live" in me.
"Now do" [Colossians 3:12-15 in my life] Put on then, as God's chosen ones, holy and beloved, compassionate hearts, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience, 13 bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. 14 And above all these put on love, which binds everything together in perfect harmony. 15 And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts,
"Start living" - make these verses be more than words on a page, make them my life.
"Spill over" - let me touch others with "Christ in me the hope of glory"

No comments: