Sunday, April 26, 2009

GO FOR IT!


REFERENCE
Matthew 14:28-31[ESV] And Peter answered him, Lord, if it is you, command me to come to you on the water.29 He said, Come. So Peter got out of the boat and walked on the water and came to Jesus.30 But when he saw the wind, he was afraid, and beginning to sink he cried out, Lord, save me.31 Jesus immediately reached out his hand and took hold of him, saying to him, O you of little faith, why did you doubt
Matthew 14:28-31 [Message] Peter, suddenly bold, said, “Master, if it’s really you, call me to come to you on the water.” 29 He said, “Come ahead.” Jumping out of the boat, Peter walked on the water to Jesus.30 But when he looked down at the waves churning beneath his feet, he lost his nerve and started to sink. He cried, “Master, save me!”31 Jesus didn’t hesitate. He reached down and grabbed his hand. Then he said, “Faint-heart, what got into you?”

EXPLORATION
What a great passage. Here are some great name it and claim phrases:
"Master, save me!"
Jesus didn't hesitate
"Faint-heart, what got into you?"

APPLICATION
Master, save me! - When was the last time I stepped out in faith?
Jesus didn't hesitate - I CAN COUNT ON HIM! - REALLY!!!
"Faint-heart, what got into you?" - I don't know, make me bold!

PRAYER
Father,
Teach me to trust more,
Teach me to try more,
Teach me to tell the story that you are writing with my life

No comments: